|Company||District Health Boards (DHB)/Capital & Coast Di...|
|Listed||Wed 13 Nov, 4:15 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
In the Prison setting:
- Mental health screening and assessment, case management and treatment
- On release of the person from Prison referring the person to a Community Mental health Service.
In the Court Setting:
- Providing advice, mental state and risk assessment, and recommendation to judiciary.
- Liaising and informal advice to a variety of Criminal Justice agencies including advocates, Police, Probation Services and Corrections staff.
You will utilize your clinical and medico-legal knowledge and skills to provide therapeutic treatment of those persons identified as having or who may have a mental health and addiction problem.
We are a progressive service committed to providing a culture of ongoing professional development for staff through regular clinical supervision, regular in-service training and support towards external education.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a clinical psychologist to work with youth aged 12 to 17 in the Gisborne area, however additional travel to the Hawkes Bay may be required for further assessments, cover work and MDT meetings. Someone who will provide psychological assessments to the youth Court and make recommendations for intervention for young people in the care of Oranga Tamariki and in the community.
- Provide psychological assessments to the youth court for youth aged 12-17.
- Make recommendations for intervention for young people in the care of Oranga Tamariki and in the community
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to assess and diagnose young people experiencing a range of issues including co-existing mental health and addiction issues.
- Develop sound psychological formulations based on thorough assessments.
- Consult with other services and provide support for functioning and development of their teams and the organisation as a whole.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum of a Master's Degree in Psychology and Post graduate Diploma in Clinical Psychology or equivalent.
Registration with NZ Psychologist Board, with Clinical Psychology Vocational Scope of Practice
Experience working with youth in the Forensic and or Mental Health pathways
Current annual practising certificate
Full Drivers Licence
Capability development is a high priority for CCDHB. Professional development opportunities are a given, as well as the ability to upskill and to take on other roles. People and their skills are highly valued at CCDHB. You will have good opportunities for professional development and have support from senior psychologists and other experienced clinicians. Good supervision will be provided both on an individual basis and as part of the multidisciplinary team review meetings. There is flexibility around the days of work because it is a part time position at 28 hours per week.
Staff benefits include discounts from many companies throughout the region, access to a cost-effective gym including exercise classes and use of company vehicle during business hours.
About our organisation
Capital and Coast DHB (CCDHB) is located centrally in Wellington and has over 5,100 full-time equivalent staff, making us one of the major employers in the Wellington region. CCDHB operates two hospitals - Wellington Regional Hospital in Newtown and Kenepuru Hospital in Porirua - as well as the Kapiti Health Centre at Paraparaumu.
The Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service (MHAIDS) spans three DHBs - Wairarapa, Hutt Valley and Capital and Coast DHB's and includes local, regional, and national services. The local MHAIDS services are provided from multiple sites within the 3DHB sub-region - greater Wellington, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa.
Here at CCDHB we embrace diversity and welcome applications from people of all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
Applications will only be accepted via our careers portal and Seek. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. Please submit your CV and cover letter in Word or PDF format. If you have queries, please email Maria.Campbell@ccdhb.org.nz
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.