|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Pay & Benefits||Hourly pay of $20/per hour and tips|
|Listed||Thu 21 Jun, 1:12 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Reports to: All FOH Managers, Maitre d’, Head Chef, Owner
Direct Reports: Bar backs
- To facilitate the smooth operation of the bar and maximize profit gained from the sale of beverage and bar food. And to act in the best interests of the restaurant the owner at all times. To pro-actively aim to better the bar in every way on a daily basis alongside the rest of the bar team.
- Ensure all relevant forms and checklists are available for staff to utilise in the running of the bar
- Recording all discrepancies – mispours, breakages and the like
- attend all training programs for all wine, beer and cocktails
- Strive to exceed the expectations of our guests through excellent service and going the extra mile
- Your normal hours of work will be approximately 30-40 per week, the actual hours and times of work will be dependent on the demands of the business and the hours of business. Your Hours for rostered work, in some cases, may spread over a seven (7) day period, and may exceed 8 hours per day.
- You will be required to perform a minimum of 2 closes (including either Friday and/or Saturday)
- Demonstrate excellent understanding of bar systems. Ensure there is always consistency in product and presentation.
- Display comprehensive product knowledge with relation to beverage
- Be accountable for all customer service in the entire bar area, and promoting it within fellow and junior staff.
- Consistently demonstrate high levels of customer service and professionalism
- Maintain all daily and weekly cleaning procedures as set out in relevant checklists
- Because we are predominantly a restaurant, a thorough understanding of the sequence of service and day to day operations on the floor will be required. You will need to be confident with running a section on a busy night and understand the pressures of working as a member of the floor team.
- Promote a good working relationship with the floor team and to gel the two together. This means taking the initiative to head on to the floor to deliver drinks, help with clearing, cutlery etc.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.