|Pay & Benefits||Negotiable based on experience|
|Listed||Mon 5 Feb, 12:26 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Live and work where the mountains meet the sea.
- Share your passion for hospitality with our dedicated team and varied customer base.
- Work with our Head Chef to lead the team and run things in their absence.
- More than just a cafe; our site is a busy tourist hub that includes a retail store and Dolphin and Albatross Encounter tour operations.
- In our beachfront location, we have one of the best views from a pass in the world! ;-)
Established for 12 years Cafe Encounter is a fast paced environment with valued local and diverse international clientele. We have a great opportunity for an experienced Chef to join our kitchen team at our beachfront cafe!
Joining our established kitchen team; this role requires someone with a keen interest in food and a flair for presentation. A lot of our menu is prepared on site using fresh ingredients.
Reporting to our Head Chef the role entails:
a short order menu including both breakfast and lunch service
- preparation of a variety of cabinet food and blackboard specials
- a good understanding of Food & Safety Standards although in house training is provided
- working in collaboration with a small team, often under pressure
- a basic knowledge in pastry and baking would be an advantage, but is not essential
Key skills and experience required:
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic person to join our team, someone who is an effective communicator with a positive attitude. Ideally with several years' experience in a similar environment; applicants should be reliable and well presented. We want a Chef with a strong work ethic who takes pride in what they do and loves cooking with the customer in mind!
Our business operates 7 days a week, and this role will be full time, working 35-45 hours per week on a roster which will include fixed weekend hours and public holidays.
The Right Opportunity for You?
Apply today. Complete our application form below.
***We respectfully request no agencies please***