|Company||Pacific Resort Hotel Group - Cook Islands|
|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Pay & Benefits||see job description|
|Listed||Tue 6 Mar, 5:16 pm|
|Type||Full time, Contract/Temp|
Pacific Resort, Aitutaki is the gem of the Pacific Resort Hotel Group and one of the finest small luxury hotels in the South Pacific. Our award-winning tropical island retreat features just twenty-nine richly-appointed and exceedingly private beachfront bungalows, suites and villas, all within steps of the water’s edge.
At Pacific Resort, Aitutaki we pride ourselves in delivering the finest food and beverage experience possible for all our guests. Our signature fine dining restaurant, Rapae Bay, is known for serving exceptional South Pacific cuisine complemented by fine wines and artisan tropical cocktails. Our ever popular beach bar and grill, Black Rock, serves more casual fare accompanied by cool and refreshing libations; either poolside during the day or under the stars at night.
About the Chef de Partie role:
Reporting directly to the hotel’s Sous Chef and Executive Chef, the Chef de Partie’s primary responsibility will be operating his / her assigned section according to the daily needs of the Resort’s kitchen operations. This is a hands-on cooking position for each meal period, including daily rotations of offerings for the Resort’s two 60 seat food outlets. While you will be assigned to a particular station based on skill and ability, you will be expected to cross-train in all sections of the kitchen during your contract term.
• Preparing, cooking and presenting dishes within your speciality.
• Training and supervising the Demi-Chef de Parties or Commis Chefs working with you.
• Assisting the Resort Sous Chef and Executive Chef in the development of new dishes and menus.
• Following all food hygiene and Health and Safety regulations and ensuring same standards by all staff under your supervision.
• Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain budgeted kitchen food cost and profit margins.
Additional responsibilities and expectations of your role (not limited to):
• Consult with Sous Chef and Executive Chef concerning food preparation and final presentation of all daily menus or special menus as assigned by the Executive Chef.
• Perform, supervise and coordinate all preparation and presentation of food offerings in your delegated section.
• Ensure the quality of all dishes prepared in the assigned section.
• Instruct and train junior Commis Chefs on how dishes are to be prepared and presented.
• Manage portion size, plate specifications and recipes to assist in food cost controls and consistency.
• Assist in routine inventory of food products and the requisition / ordering of food items for the assigned section.
• Check and assign daily prep list for the assigned section for the proper production of menu items.
• Maintain par stocks assigned for food products and maintain kitchen equipment according to company standards.
• Assist in the execution of special menus and special events / banquet service as required by the Sous Chef and / or Executive Chef.
• Perform any other duties as directed by the Sous Chef(s) or the Executive Chef.
• Good technical culinary ability and knowledge.
• Experience in high-quality kitchen operations.
• Ability to establish and maintain proper food inventories.
• A good understanding of modern international cooking techniques.
• Experience in training junior kitchen staff to an international fine dining standard.
• A Culinary degree / diploma from an accredited Culinary School or comparable restaurant work experience with a minimum of 2 years working as a Chef de Partie or Junior Sous Chef in a high quality fine dining restaurant environment.
• Candidates must be able to demonstrate a stable work history exhibiting progression through culinary ranks and relevant experience in the production of high quality cuisine either in luxury hotels / resorts or independent 3 star restaurants. Ideal candidates with have tropical island resort or remote destination work experience.
• Fluency in English with the ability to speak, read and write English at all times while on duty.
Due to the remote island setting, and the challenges associated with delivering a five star level of food and beverage service under such circumstances, we seek single status male or female candidates who are flexible, resilient, patient and approachable as well as having a good sense of humour and sober habits.
Term: 2 year single status contract.
Schedule: 6 days / 48 average hours per week with additional hours as needed based on operational demand
Salary: Remuneration is negotiable based on experience.
Expat Benefits: Staff housing, shift meal, uniform allowance, two weeks paid vacation, return airfares on completion of contract and company paid immigration costs.
Start Date: Immediate. Actual start date dependent on the issuance of the necessary work permits.