|Company||Sampan Restaurant Ltd|
|Location||Christchurch City, Canterbury|
|Listed||Thu 29 Mar, 1:33 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Be familiar with current Sichuan cuisine trends for menu planning and planning the menu
- Estimating food and labor costs to maintain profit margins
- Checking food stock to order food supplies accordingly
- Monitoring quality of dishes at all stages of preparation and presentation
- Liaison with Manager and the other staff to discuss the food preparation issues
- Maintaining a full knowledge of the menu to demonstrate techniques and advise on cooking procedures
- Preparing and cooking food based on the techniques and procedures specified
- Explaining and enforcing hygiene regulations to ensure kitchen is clean and tidy
- Helping select and train staff if required and freeze and preserve foods if needed
The applicants are welcome to hold a qualification relevant to Chinese cuisine plus at least one year relevant work experience as a Chinese chef. However, anybody is welcome to apply for the position if you have the required knowledge and skills with three years of work experience but do not hold any relevant qualification. The applicants must be familiar with the kitchen work procedures from the preparation to cooking in a Chinese restaurant and have the ability to develop menu.
If you believe you have the skills, experience or qualification required, you are welcome to apply by sending your CV to email@example.com
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.