|Pay & Benefits||Competitive Salary and Bonus|
|Listed||Wed 4 Apr, 3:57 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
About The Chippery
We are Wellington’s favourite fish and chips restaurant and leaders in the growing casual dining sector, offering dine-in, home delivery and quality take-away. We have an innovative menu for fish and chips allowing much more choice and quality. Our customers can not only expect the best fish and chips but also, healthy food options, delicious burgers and other seasonal delicacies. We are a growing brand with opportunities to develop in your career. We currently have two stores, one in Mt Victoria and one in Thorndon. We are an extremely tech savvy business and utilize the latest cloud based tools to manage our business. We were the pioneers for online ordering in Wellington.
About the role
- Working with the Head Chefs at either our Mt Vic or Thorndon store to ensure consistency across the brand.
- We make a large majority of our menu from scratch including slow roast meats and sauces. All our chips are made by hand and we portion all our fresh fish.
- You will be working in a number of different sections in our restaurants and you will be responsible for producing the highest of quality meals and giving outstanding hospitality.
- We are a 7 day week operation and you will be expected to make yourself available for night shifts and weekends. There are also day shifts available and shared fairly in the team. This is a full-time position and a typical week is around 40 hours.
- You will be paid a competitive salary and a share of revenue based on performance targets.
- You will be given an opportunity to learn our Front of House systems. We encourage all our chefs to talk with our customers as both sites have open kitchens.
The ideal candidate
- Have a hospitable and caring nature.
- Smiles a lot and brightens the day for others.
- Doesn’t resist change and builds new systems to evolve the way we work to constantly seek perfection.
- Takes pride in training and mentoring others.
- A passion for good, simple, unpretentious and honest food.
- Focused in building a career in the hospitality industry.
- Proven loyalty to other employers.
- Will have worked at a Chef de Partie level before or is an experienced Commis Chef wanting to make the next step in their career.
- Worked in a very busy kitchen environment. Thorndon Chippery can produce around 300 orders per day (orders not covers!)
- While a cookery qualification is nice, we are more interested in looking for someone with good experience, a positive attitude and a strong work ethic. A 167 and/or 168 certificate would be advantageous as would a first aid certificate so please mention if you have these in your CV.