|Company||The Happening Bar and Kitchen|
|Location||Christchurch City, Canterbury|
|Listed||Fri 6 Apr, 1:11 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
We are currently on the top 20 restaurants of Christchurch.
We are looking for an experienced Head Chef.
The Position is a managerial position with full responsibility for all day-to-day operations and logistics of the Kitchen. This position requires excellent attention to detail, exceptional leadership and training skills with the ability to multi task.
Minimum 3 years of experience in a busy fine dinning restaurants.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Health, Safety and Security – Ensure all Collective health and safety procedures are up to date and adhered to; all staff are compliant with individual site safety.
- Kitchen production – Ensure that food produced is of a consistently high standard; uphold and maintain high quality and professional standards of service, presentation and professionalism across all Kitchen staff and venues.
- Kitchen Management- Ensure the day to day operation and Hygiene standards are exceeded at all Kitchens
- Creative and Innovative - Add input to the creation of new menu's. Keep up to date on current trends and food presentation.
- Planning and Financial Management - Assist the General Manager in forecasting and planning kitchen budget, and expenditure.
- Staff Management, Training and Development - Assist with the management, productivity, training and development and recruitment of Kitchen Staff.
- Minimum 3 years Kitchen Management experience at a busy restaurant.
- Global or European cuisine experiences.
- Committed to work minimum of 40 hours per week.
- A clean full driver license.
- Wide knowledge of different cuisines.
Great communication skills with the kitchen team members
Passion of Kitchen work and food.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.