|Company||PBS Ventures Pty Ltd|
|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Pay & Benefits||$50k to $60k plus package depends on experience|
|Listed||Sun 8 Apr, 8:19 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
The position offered is full time/ part time/ casuals and are required to work late evenings, weekends and public holiday. The successful applicant should be an outstanding team player, helpful, reliable and be prepared to perform the following duties:
We are currently looking for Indian cook/chef with experience in curries, tandoor style cooking, and familiarity with Indian herbs and spices. Knowledge in south Indian cuisine is an added advantage.
- Prepare and cook complete authentic Indian curries, tandoori recipe, and other Indian cuisine especially south Indian cuisine
- Oversee kitchen operations and supervise employees where necessary
- Work with specialized cooking equipment, such as the Dosa plate (Griddle), tandoor oven and deep fryer etc
- Create new recipes according to specific request of the clients and management
- Communicate effectively about the cooking procedures with other kitchen staff
- Work with minimal supervision whenever required
- Assist the head chef in planning menus and requisition food and kitchen supplies
- Clean kitchen and work area, and perform related work as required
Tandoori Cook / Apprentice
The Cook will be responsible for carrying out the following duties:
- The cook will be responsible for cooking all the items on the menu in this busy restaurant.
- Preparation and cooking of all items to be served by the restaurant.
- Supervision of all staff in the kitchen and of the orderly running of the kitchen.
- Discussing food preparation issues with the manager and other staff members.
- Requisitioning food, kitchen supplies and equipment.
- Preparation of many of the items on the menu and the suggestion of new items.
- Using his/her knowledge, experience and best endeavours to always cook and prepare food to the high standards and quality control expected by the restaurant.
- Portioning food, adding gravies, sauces and garnishes.
- The cook will be responsible for helping to maintain for the hygiene of the kitchen.
For the Apprentice, we are happy to train according to the role. We will be considering new entrant to the industry.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.