|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Pay & Benefits||negotiatable on experience etc.|
|Listed||Wed 11 Apr, 2:45 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
We require an experienced Japanese Cuisine Chef for our team
1. Ensure customers are satisfied with cooking
2. Discuss food preparation issues with head chef
3. Freeze and preserve foods
4. Monitor quality of dishes at all stages of preparation and presentation
5. Demonstrate techniques and advise on Japanese Cuisine cooking procedures for junior staff
6. Exercises portion control for all items served
7. Order food and kitchen supplies and control their stocks
8. Enforce hygiene regulations
9. Train junior staff
Any such duties as may be directed, operations or related activities of the business, from time to time.
Skills and Qualities Required
1. Chef's Qualifications and experiences in busy kitchen are an advantage
2. Minimum two years of relevant work experience required, and evidence must be produced (service in Japanese Cuisine preferred)
3. Full understanding and good knowledge of food industry ethics
*Formal qualifications are not essential as relevant work experience is more important.
This is a permanent full time position. (over 35 hours per week), but your hours and days of work may vary, so applicants must be reasonably flexible with time.
A good wage will be offered, and reviews will be held as work skills improve.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.