|Pay & Benefits||Competitive wages and additional benefits|
|Listed||Thu 24 May, 10:28 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
We are on the hunt for a fun & passionate Sous Chef to join our close knit team at The Arborist!
We are a popular small plates style eatery and bar, with a rooftop bar upstairs also. We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner and cater for functions.
You will be in charge of running a fast paced kitchen when the Head Chef isn’t there as well as leading and motivating a small kitchen team whilst being creative and having heaps of fun!
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to join a passionate tribe of hospitality individuals who aim to deliver the most epic hospitality experience in Wellington.
Some of the responsibilities of the role will include:
-Being in charge of running the kitchen when the head chef isn’t there, for breakfast, lunch or dinner
- Working with the head chef on budgeting and cost control within the kitchen
- Great communication with the Head Chef, Owners and General Manager
- Creative menu planning, within the vision of the Arborist
Successful applicants must have:
- Be in a position to commit for a minimum of 1 year
- 3 years experience in a sous chef role or be a chef with similar experience ready for a step up
- High standards in quality and appearance of dishes
- Strong leadership & management skills
- Be flexible with working hours
- Experience working in a similar style restaurant is a bonus!
If this sounds like the right direction in your career, please email email@example.com with your C.V and a cover letter explaining why you are the perfect person for the job!
All successful applicants must have a valid working visa or hold New Zealand residency.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.