|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Listed||Thu 31 May, 7:14 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Stylish city fringe location | Paid by the hour
- Work for a creative, talented and humble head chef
- Bistro (& cafe ) ethos of generosity, economy & simplicity
Possess a passion for quality and an ability to perform in a busy environment? Do you have a desire to nourish and please the guest? Do you believe the true art of cooking lies in elevating to excellence the simplest ingredients?
As the sun rises and falls, this all day eatery is pumping out delicious food to the adoring local masses. With a pared back fit out that is barely a year old the business is moving from to strength and strength - constantly busy and growing.
Thus, we are looking for a talented candidate who is proactive, with a proven track record and able to plan, organise, control and direct the work of the kitchen team, responsible for food preparation while ensuring superior quality and consistency. Preferably with real experience having worked in the all day eatery environment - understanding the nuances of services and workflow management.
You will be given the opportunity to come into this venue, find your feet then truly own the result. This position will be very hands on, where you will consistently be pushing for increased performance and quality. In addition to technical skill, the ideal candidate must have strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to lead effectively.
As Sous Chef, you will be;
- Leading a brigade of 8 chefs, including their development and progression.
- Responsible for all controls in the kitchen, including Wages, COGS, ordering and stock take.
- Have your input for creating new menus in collaboration with the head chef
- Hands on and operational, not afraid to get your hands dirty.
- Accountable for all compliance aspects and training in the kitchen, including FCP management.
You must have at least three to five years of previous experience in a leadership position in the kitchen and must have strong people management skills.
- Inventory control
- Menu development
- Communication skills
- Ordering / Purchasing
- Food Safety Knowledge
- Advanced Knife Handling
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Kitchen management | Leadership
- Kitchen Cleaning/Sanitation Knowledge
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link or contact Duncan McKenna on (09) 972 0134 for a confidential discussion. For a full list of jobs by Hospoworld, check out www.hospoworld.co.nz/hot-jobs.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.