|Company||The Lodge Cafe, Mt Albert|
|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Listed||Sun 3 Jun, 12:05 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
You will be responsible for preparing a range of regular Café menu and cabinet items, with an opportunity to introduce new and exciting ideas.
Ideally you should have at least 3-4 years kitchen experience and a relevant current commercial cookery qualification (evidence required). Basic baking skills required, and experience in breakfast cafés is a huge advantage. You should also possess excellent communication skills.
We expect you:
- Have experience in a busy kitchen
- Are passionate about kitchen service and cuisine
- Be able to work under pressure, working in a team where no task is too big or too small.
- Enforce strict health and hygiene standards in the kitchen, keeping your work area, equipment and section kept clean at all times and checking all food is stored and handled as per current food health and hygiene regulations
- Monitor and control all daily kitchen food and product requirements and all associated operational costs
- Maintain accurate records
- Have a focus on quality & customer satisfaction
This is a role offering 30 to 35 hours per week. You’ll need to be flexible to work on a rotating roster over different days, and must be available to work Saturdays and Sundays when required. Work hours are between the hours of 6.45 am and 3.45pm.
Pay rate for this position will be negotiated with the right applicant based on experience and qualifications.
Please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.