|Company||Drake New Zealand|
|Location||Tauranga, Bay Of Plenty|
|Listed||Mon 4 Jun, 3:05 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
A Little About the Client
The largest care provider in the residential sector for the elderly who have won the Supreme Award for Overall Excellence in Aged Care for the last three years 2015, 2016, 2017
With villages nationwide, this aged care service provider is a household brand. Well known for providing a community lifestyle in their villages and boasting a national population of over 4000 residents, with whom directly employs over 3,000 staff they are one of the best-aged care services in the country.
This is an exciting time to join as the premise is being upgraded to a beautiful, brand new purpose build facility with state of the art equipment.
A Little About the Role
The Executive Chef role is to oversee and manage all foodservice operations at the site/facility. This is an exciting time to join as the premise is being upgraded to a beautiful, brand new purpose built facility with state of the art equipment in which you will get to choose as the opening of this beautiful space is set for September 2018.
The key purpose is to ensure deliciously, well-presented meals and snacks are prepared for the residents as outlined in the Dietician approved menus; to the highest quality standards that meet the NZ nutritional guidelines and food safety standards.
The Executive Chef is also responsible for managing the Food Safety Programme at site/ facility - level in coordination with the National Dieticians and Business & Care Manager.
What you will need to succeed in this role:
The standards are high so we'll be looking for the best!
- Completed a culinary apprenticeship of at least two years OR have at least five years cooking experience
- Hold one of the following recognized qualifications:
- New Zealand Certificate in Cookery (NZQF Level 4)
- New Zealand Diploma in Cookery (Advanced NZQF Level5)
- Diploma in Professional Cookery (NZQF Level 5) Or similarly recognized cooking qualification at NZQF Level 4 or higher
- Holds safe food hygiene handling certificates Safe Food NZQA 167 or 168
- Knowledgeable on catering for specialized diets common in the facility
- Recent experience cooking in a commercial kitchen
- Effective customer and people relationship skills, with managerial experience as you will be responsible for 14 staff
- High motivation and energy levels, display initiative and have an eye for detail
- Capability to multitask
- Ability to work with an existing menu and create new
- Experience managing rosters, financial management, service delivery and innovation
If you are ready for your next challenge and want to make a difference then please send through your cover letter and CV outlining why this opportunity should be yours! APPLY NOW!
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.