|Listed||Mon 18 Nov, 9:56 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Columbus Coffee Whangarei is looking for an experienced, passionate & energetic chef to join the team in our busy kitchen.
We are a very popular local cafe located in the Mega Mitre 10 and operate 7 days a week opening 8am-4pm daily.
The role will require you to:
- cook to order from our a la carte short order menu, breakfast, lunch and cabinet food.
- manage your space quickly, efficiently and cleanly.
- manage your daily and weekly food ordering, ensuring excellent stock rotation and chiller organisation of your prep
- general kitchen cleaning and hygiene duties - dishes are everyone's business
- be motivated, hard working and passionate about food
- be cool, calm and professional under pressure and always communicate well with your team
You will bring:
- Strong kitchen experience preferably 2 plus years in a busy cafe environment
- Experience with cabinet food preparation, presentation and baking
- Experience in hot line and short order cooking experience required
- Strong knowledge of FCP and H&S at cafe level.
- Level 5 Cookery Required
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, pressured environment
- Natural ability to multi-task and work well within a team
- High standards of work - attention to detail and quality control. You are passionate about ensuring that everything that goes out of your kitchen is to the highest standard.
- Flexible in availability as the cafe operates 7 days a week and your shifts will involve some weekends and public holidays
Whats in it for you:
- Family friendly hours & no night shifts
- Opportunities to grow and develop within our team
- Generous staff discounts at the café & attached Mitre 10 Store
If you think you have what it takes to join the hustle and bustle of our Whangarei cafe - Apply Now!