|Location||North Shore City, Auckland|
|Listed||Sat 3 Mar, 12:29 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
To ensure the overall smooth and effective operation of the business with a strong customer service orientation. You will liaise with the manager to discuss issues which will facilitate the smooth running and high quality of the business and to perform the following tasks on a day to day basis and will take sole charge for these tasks when the manager is not present:
We are seeking people who can demonstrate the following:
- Assist with the recruiting, selecting, orienting, training and motivating employees as well as, conducting appraisals and performance reviews and providing or organizing training and development.
- Develop and maintain a professional and cooperative relationship with suppliers.
- To help the manager ensure the overall business operates smoothly.
- Look for opportunities to improve procedures, and make improvements where appropriate.
- Ensure the business has a sufficient level of staffing and staff rosters are prepared in a timely manner.
- Ensure staff are trained in the correct procedure for running the business.
- Ensure staff are aware of specials.
Answer phones quickly and ensure staff do the same.
- Follow up on customer complaints/comments.
- Assist the manager with managing stock levels and making key decisions about stock control and pricing, including implementing stock control systems, stock tracking, purchasing, stock discounting and clearance;
- Sell goods to customers, advise and recommend products and add on products.
- Daily cash reconciliation, petty cash and banking.
- Maintain security controls - cash, keys, alarms and stock.
This isn't an office job. It's a hands-on role which allows you to be part of a team and lead from the front. We operate 7 days a week, therefore you must be prepared to work late nights and weekends if required.
Candidate must have a diploma in business or management and at least 2 years management experience. Some training will be provided to right candidate.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.