|Company||ONLY UR'S LIMITED|
|Location||Christchurch City, Canterbury|
|Listed||Wed 25 Jul, 10:38 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
|Reference||Cook & Asst Cook|
You are required to work both on Curries and Charcoal Tandoor to make starters and breads
You must have at least 3 years’ experience and should be able to work fast in busy times and manage the kitchen and your section as in weekends it gets busy
We would prefer if you have NZ residence or citizen but if you have work visa we will put forward support for changing work visa .
ASSISTANT COOK-We are looking for Assistant Cook/ Kitchen Hand for our busy Indian Restaurant in Christchurch
if you do not know about Indian Food you will be trained but you should have eagerness to learn.
You will be working alongside experience Chef and Cook to ensure smooth Cooking of foods and dishes going out to the customers. You will be involved in all talks relevant to cooking in the kitchen.
you will be mainly responsible for below tasks in your full time role-
· Ensure consistent and smooth running of food production in the Kitchen.
· Ensure effective receipt and storage of stock ordered by Chef or Manager
· Ensure that working areas are always kept clean
· Assist other kitchen staff as need arises
· Supervise performance of kitchen wait staff or dish washer to ensure proper activity
· Perform other administrative tasks as will be communicated by superiors
· Ensure that required standards are adhered to in the production and preparation of food – in Quality, quantity and safety
· Work towards exceeding customer’s expectation by encouraging and promoting high level of service
· Give appropriate support or guidance to members of kitchen when need arises
· Promote good team spirit regularly
· Ensure all dishes are garnished according to specification and served at the correct quality, portion size, and temperature as required by the chef.
· Ensure you help Cook to help with bread preparation and if busy cook food in the kitchen
· Prepare substitute items like Salads
· Ensure proper arrangement and garnishing of food
No criminal record clean history.
One year experience required but training will be given for suitable candidate, it would be good if you have knowledge about food but if not you will be trained.
Must be able to work over weekends as busy hours are over weekend in the evening over dinner times
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.