|Company||Deveton House Rest Home|
|Location||North Shore City, Auckland|
|Listed||Thu 2 Aug, 11:16 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Position responsibilities and duties:
• To meet residents and assess their needs and circumstances, in order to setting up individual support programs;
• To plan, monitor and develop residents’ support programs and to ensure the care provided in our facility meet the health & disability services standards.
• To education and communicate with family members and keep hem fully informed of progress as appropriate;
• To ensure open disclosure of adverse or unexpected events affecting residents;
• To support full divisional therapy & social program for all residents;
• To develops effective team work;
• To liaise & maintain harmonious contacts with stakeholders [Resident’s & their families, other health & disability services providers, funders e.g. MOH DHB, referrers, & owners].
• To investigate and solve residents’ problem and complaints;
• To oversee Challenging Behavior management within the rest home [helping residents to feel safe]
• To report notifiable diseases [note laboratory & GP share this responsibility to the appropriate authority – shared responsibility with RN
• To review, investigate and prevent accident & incidents.
• To ensuring all incidents are enter into the Benching making Statistics Program.
• To contribute ideas for improvement to system at Service Review Meetings;
• To assist in Health and Safety Management.
- Must be able to work on the weekend and several night shifts
- Must hold NZ Qualification in Healthcare or related field with additional formal training in residential care management.
- Minimum 2-3 years verifiable experience in the same field
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.