|Pay & Benefits||Negotiable|
|Listed||Thu 2 Aug, 1:10 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Whitebait has received 1 Hat in the 2015. 2016 and 2017 and was the recipient of Best New Restaurant 2015 Cuisine Good Food awards.
Being located on Clyde Quay Wharf, we have stunning views over the harbour, and are open for dinner Tuesday – Saturday.
We are looking for someone with a passion for hosting, serving and adding to the customer experience that has the experience to match, to lead our front of house team as the Restaurant Manager.
Due to the nature of the restaurant, food and beverage menu, to be successful in this role, we are looking for the following someone:
• Knowledge of Produce, Meat and Fish
• Knowledge of cooking styles and preparation, different aspects of a range of cuisine styles
• Knowledge of Local and international wine knowledge, inclusive of grape varieties, wine types and processes
• Aware of different food allergies and how to respond to these
• A mature and positive outlook
• An excellent problem solver
• Honest and reliable
• A team player
Experience of five years in the hospitality industry and a proven track record of two years in a similar senior management front of house position, in a similar establishment are a must.
The right applicant will already have their LCQ and already obtaining their General Managers Certificate with Wellington City Council will be an advantage to the application.
As this is a hands on role, along with the running the daily operations, your duties will include however not limited to the following:
• Communicate effectively with company management and the full kitchen team
• Maintain high lever of service, adding to the customer experience
• Cash handling and cash ups
• Recruitment and staff training
• Rostering and timesheets
• Health and safety
• Reservations and functions
• Ensure business complies with Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012
• Cost Control
• Motivate your team
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
For more information on the restaurant, visit www.white-bait.nz.
Please send both a CV and cover letter. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Character and work references will be sought.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.