|Listed||Mon 6 Aug, 9:13 pm|
|Type||Part time, Permanent|
A part time job is currently available at Wellington's finest hostel. We are looking for an outgoing, hardworking and experienced person to fill the boots of our current weekend manager.
Starting in the next few weeks, with some training earlier, the role as weekend manager involves:
- Front of house/reception duties
- Managing other staff
- Maintaining a very high standard of cleanliness
- Ensuring every guests enjoy's their stay as much as possible
- Providing tourist information to guests
- Managing bookings taken via phone, email and various OTA’s
- Using a reservation system (brownie points for Siteminder/Little Hotelier)
- Basic maintenance and repairs
- Washing, drying and folding linen
- Cash handling
- Problem solving
- Ordering and purchasing stock and supplies
- Maintaining our reputation as a friendly and relaxed place for travellers of all kinds.
Applicants WILL need to:
- Be extremely friendly and hardworking
- Have exceptional people skills
- Have great communication skills - multiple languages is a bonus
- Be prepared to meet a huge range of people from throughout the world
- Have had experience in the hospitality industry
- Have successfully worked in a managerial position
- Be computer literate - knowledge of booking platforms would be helpful
- Hold a full drivers licence as we do drop offs to the ferry terminals.
- Have a good knowledge of Wellington City and it's attractions
- Have positive references from previous roles
This is a great opportunity for the right person and we are looking for much more than just reception staff.
The part time manager will be working 2 full days per week, sometimes more if needed. Flexibility to work shifts including weekend and public holidays are ideal.
This role would suit a student in the hospitality field or someone with knowledge of hospitality, preferably working in hostels before.
If you think you have what it takes to run this amazing hostel then please do not hesitate to apply now!
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.