|Company||Quest Apartment Hotels|
|Location||Waitakere City, Auckland|
|Listed||Mon 25 Jun, 11:05 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Multiple positions available.
Quest Apartment Hotels in Henderson and on Eden Crescent (CBD) are looking for experienced staff for the Hotel Reception duties.
Responsible for greeting and registering Hotel guests, providing quality guest service throughout the customer journey and settling guest accounts upon departure.
The Front Desk is the heart of the Hotel and the primary point of contact for guests, Hotel Receptionists must be knowledgeable about all aspects of Quest apartment hotels, the Hotel’s facilities, services, policies and procedures. This is largely an unsupervised role.
• Team player.
• Innovative thinking.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Good analytical skills and strategic thinking.
• Able to multi-task and prioritise tasks consistent with business objectives.
• Knowledgeable of basic accounting principles and revenue management.
• High attention to detail.
• Computer literate with knowledge of Word, Excel, industry related PMS software.
• Must be fluent in English
• Strong sales skills.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND EDUCATION
• Minimum of 2-years experience in a similar Hotel position
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Project courtesy, hospitality and professional behavior across your department at all times with guests and fellow colleagues.
• Welcome guests upon arrival with courtesy and professionalism.
• Register arrivals according to established standards and procedures including the adherence to all credit and accounting procedures.
• Manage guestroom inventory by communicating regularly with Housekeeping to ensure rooms are available for efficient check -ins.
• Facilitate the fulfillment of Guests requests within the room reservation.
• Programme guest keys and master keys following established standards and procedures.
• File and manage registration cards for guests according to established standards and procedures.
• Create, modify and cancel guestroom reservations for walk -ins when required.
• Review guestroom folios to check for discrepancies and ensure special billing arrangements are properly carried out.
• Be the first line of contact to handle guest queries and resolve issues in a timely and professional manner.
• Monitor guest feedback and make recommendations for improvements or new products or services to meet guest needs.
• Be available to address issues and make corrections with regard to charge disputes and discrepancies when required.
• Check-out guests efficiently and courteously according to established standards and procedures including the adherence to all credit and accounting procedures.
• Post manual charges, advance deposits, no show charges and other charges as required following established procedures.
• Handle guest expectations and complaints, managing responses and immediate recovery
• Provide occasional site inspections as required.
• Maintain a complete understanding of the Hotel’s policy relating to fire, safety and health, and ensure all precautions are taken to safeguard against incidents for areas under your supervision.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.