|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Listed||Tue 3 Jul, 11:17 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
• To provide an outstanding guest experience from point of reservation to departure by demonstrating a commitment to service excellence and guest satisfaction.
• Monitor and manage front desk operations.
• Be flexible to work any shifts on weekdays, weekends and public holidays.
• Maintaining high quality standards in line with the companies image.
• Have a complete knowledge of all hotel facilities/services, hours of operation, room layouts, bed types, appointments, room availability, restricted dates, rates and room types.
• Analyse and track for forecasting future business.
• Monitor and change the pricing rates as per demand and market conditions by communicating within the sales department.
• Handle group booking requirements with agents.
• Managing Night Duty In absence of the Night Duty Manager.
• Manage and supervise guest service staff in shift. Delegate and communicate assignment the staff and assign additional task as they arise.
• Provide reports as required by the management from time to time.
• Display a proactive and leading role in terms of service, quality, culture, development, team image, and skill development.
• Co-ordinates with all departments concerned in order to ensure the hotel functions properly.
• Ensure staff follows all fire, health, safety and hygiene regulations.
• Check guest in and out including preparing and monitoring the preparation of guest bills and authorising payments.
• Allocation of special guest request including room upgrades, special requests, additional beds and any personalised service request for disabled people, elderly, children, regular guests and VIP’s.
• Answer and communicate with courtesy all guest inquiries and handle guest complaints and other related problems.
• Be flexible at all times in order to cover the unexpected needs of the hotel.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE MUST:
• Have a minimum of 2-3 years experience as Duty Manager or similar management experience in hospitality industry.
• Have a relevant tertiary qualification.
• Have knowledge and experience with hotel property management systems specifically HI-RUM.
• Have knowledge and experience on STAAH and Synxis.
• Can-do, positive attitude that consistently delivers exceptional guest engagement.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Attention to detail and accuracy along with exemplary leadership skills.
• Have knowledge on First Aid and Fire Safety Training.
• Holds a current LCQ and General Manager’s Certificate.
• Immaculate personal presentation and grooming standards.
• Have the ability to work well under pressure and to be flexible on roster shifts including weekends and public holidays.
• New Zealand Citizenship or Residence.