|Listed||Wed 13 Jun, 10:10 am|
|Type||Full time, Contract/Temp|
As Nature Guide you will wake up on a boat in the middle of the fiord each morning and help to provide a remarkable customer experience to up to 72 customers onboard. You will be someone who can appreciate the beauty, history and cultural significance that Fiordland has to offer, as you will be sharing it with just a select few people that get a chance to visit this breath-taking part of New Zealand.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a passion for people and the outdoors;
- Has an appetite for both growing and sharing their knowledge of Fiordland;
- Is a talented public speaker, with a knack for story telling;
- Possesses a positive, can do attitude;
- Is a personable team player, able to pull together to get the job done;
- Has maritime experience or a passion for boats – although this is not mandatory;
- Is New Zealand proud and would thrive in a remote national park environment
As the Nature Guide on the overnight vessels you are lucky enough to be on a 7 days on, 7 days off roster which provides you a unique opportunity to work and play hard in this beautiful part of Southern New Zealand. A full induction and dedicated training prior to the start of the season and the opportunity to attain Maritime Crew Qualifications provides you with all you need to jump into your new role.
If you’re a captive communicator who is passionate about sharing your knowledge with all audiences then please get in touch today!
For more information and to apply online, visit https://careers.realjourneys.co.nz/
Applications close 28th June, 2018
All applicants must be eligible to work in NZ for the duration of the 2018 Season (Aug, 2018 – May 2019).
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.