|Location||Christchurch City, Canterbury|
|Listed||Fri 22 Jun, 9:44 am|
|Type||Full time, Contract/Temp|
Ever thought about being a guide?
Are you assiduous and customer focused?
Are you keen to try something new?
Is it time for a career change?
Are you curious?
Do you have questions for us?
Don’t hesitate - email now!
Active Adventures is NOW HIRING guides for our New Zealand season which kicks off in early October 2018.
What we are looking for:
- Lead Guides – individuals who are keen to guide, host, drive, hike and much more.
- Co Guides – individuals who are keen to guide, host, cook, hike and much more.
- All guides require a First Aid Certificate and a Food Safety Certificate. If your First Aid Certificate has expired, that’s OK you can refresh it as part of the comprehensive guide training we provide. With regards to your Food Safety Certificate, it will be your own responsibility to obtain this certificate.
If you enjoy the following, then get in touch:
- Doing and seeing new things
- Getting paid good money to work in the best office ever – NZ’s great outdoors!
- Working with like-minded, enthusiastic people who care
- Working in an environment that’s never dull or boring and naturally provides personal development
- Providing exceptional customer service
- Being part of a great working culture and enjoy a laugh
- Learning something new
- Job satisfaction - you’ll receive direct feedback from clients on how you’ve influenced their experience you've influenced their experience.
About the company:
We’re Active Adventures. We’re a kiwi company with over 20 years under our belts. We take ordinary folks on extraordinary small group (14 clients) adventures in our favourite parts of the world – that’s here in New Zealand, throughout South America, Nepal and Europe.
Where we are based:
Our head office is in Queenstown, the majority of our trips start in Christchurch. You can be based anywhere in New Zealand to be eligible for a guide position with us.
Our recruitment timeline:
- July – applications close and interview time starts!
- August– successful applicants pack your bags and get ready for the guide training trip!
- September – the guide training trip adventure 2018 kicks off! Learn the ropes and meet the awesome crew you’ll be working with this summer!
- October – It’s time to get started and let the summer begin!
(NB: Our summer season is from October 2018 to April 2019. Shorter seasonal work options are available, just let us know your ideal situation and we can discuss this together)
Active Adventures is committed to providing a safe and drug free workplace, successful applicants will need to pass a pre-employment check which includes drug testing.
Email your questions, cover letter and CV to Lee and Amanda at; email@example.com - and we can tell you more about the best job ever!
Applications close on Monday 23rd July 2018.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.