|Listed||Wed 4 Jul, 3:55 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
|Reference||C61673 / 19126|
They say your life is better for the experiences you have and the people you share them with. The Stewart Island Experience allows you to work and live on New Zealand's best island with co-workers who share your love for the natural environment and genuine kiwi hospitality. Managing a team of staff, you will be a positive personality who leads by example when it comes to delivering the best experience possible for our customers.
Tourism experience is preferred but to succeed in this role we are looking for:
- At least 2-3 years proven experience in a similar role with people leadership;
- Ability to lead by example and go the extra mile to make it safe and enjoyable for all;
- A host with the most! Welcoming guests to the island with arms wide open and ensuring their every minute is enjoyable;
- Ability to work autonomously as you will be in a remote location;
- Strong emphasis on the motivation, leadership, recruitment and development of your diverse teams;
- Someone who is community focused.
This is a varied position looking after the Red Shed Visitor Centre, Kiwi Encounter team, Stewart Island Lodge and Guiding crew. You’ll be training everyone in storytelling and sharing and showcasing the best of their backyard. As Services Manager, building solid relationships will be critical for success and you will need to be a strong communicator, good negotiator and have excellent judgement and decision-making skills. You will also be focused on enabling the team to grow by driving the values and ensuring staff are appropriately trained in the day-to-day management of operational issues.
This is a full-time permanent position based on Stewart Island with subsidised accommodation available. If you are looking for a once in a lifetime opportunity to take the next step up in your career in one of New Zealand’s most scenic settings we would love to hear from you!
For more information and to apply online, visit www.employment.realjourneys.co.nz
Applications close 18th July, 2018
All applicants must be eligible to work in NZ.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.