|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Listed||Wed 11 Jul, 7:39 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
STA Travel… the world’s largest student and youth travel company, we’ve been spreading peace, love and adventure since 1979. Back then, we started out with one mission: to create affordable adventures for awesome people. Today, we have stores in over 50 countries, eight head office hubs from London to Melbourne, and together, we help over 2 million travelers a year to Start The Adventure. Oh, and we also live by another rule. Life’s short, work somewhere you love
This role is responsible for managing retail marketing across a network of STA Travel stores nationwide, providing the retail network with point-of-sale materials, content production, event planning and coordination, and the implementation of local and national marketing, advertising and PR activity.
What you’re accountable for?
- Responsible for providing stores with POS materials including production of posters, LCD screen content, ad hoc materials including leaflets, clothing etc.
- Writing campaign and advertising reports as required; gathering of marketing evidence/analysis
- Copy-writing of national and localized marketing campaigns, offline and online marketing materials and brochures
- Responsible for communicating all campaigns internally to sales staff and other departments including campaign logistics and weekly emails
- Drafting of Joint Marketing Agreement proposals including Tourism Boards and preferred partners
- Presentation of proposals to strategic partners
- Coordination of ‘new store opening’ activity
- Coordination and event management of national university orientation weeks, in addition to ad hoc marketing events
- Work with the Product & Marketing Manager to build marketing strategy and see through all campaigns
- Manage the retail marketing and advertising budget to ensure all campaigns and tactical activity reach their commercial objectives
- Manage design briefs and develop marketing artwork and collateral to deliver campaign and pricing strategy, working closely with the Global Design Studio
- Quality control artwork produced within Global design studio, ensuring the creative meets its commercial objectives and brand strategy
- Deliver campaigns from beginning to end, working with partners and suppliers and media agencies when required
- Identify innovative marketing opportunities
- Maintain a high level of competitor awareness, and build market research when required.
Key Skills & Attributes
- A ‘can-do’ attitude
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrable creative ability
- Strong ability to multi-task & problem-solve
- Ability to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining a keen eye for detail
- Personable on all levels
- Excellent organisational skills
- Enjoys communicating
- Ability to work on own initiative
This role may require you to travel locally and overseas when/as required.
Degree level education preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the student/youth travel industry
- Experience in marketing in the student/youth travel market an advantage
- Proven experience and full understanding of marketing in a multi-channel environment
- Experience in advertising budget management desirable
- Having liaised and worked with design agencies an advantage
To Apply please visit our website via the link below...
Want to know more? Jump across to our website to see all of the exciting things we do! https://www.statravel.co.nz/
STA Travel is an equal opportunity employer. Due to our strong investment in our people, STA Travel only accepts applicants available for full time work and without Visa restrictions.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.