|Location||Christchurch City, Canterbury|
|Listed||Tue 22 May, 2:00 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Whether we're learning new things, seizing the initiative, or winning together our customers are at the heart of everything we do.
Due to a considerable increase in the volume of workflow we now have an exciting opportunity for three Risk & Safety Advisors, based in separate regions in New Zealand!
Reporting to the Risk & Safety Manager Operations, you will work closely with Store Managers, Group Managers, Zone Managers and other stakeholders to provide a single point of contact for Health & Safety issues, ensuring appropriate advice and support is given.
- Zone 2: South Auckland, Waikato & Bay of Plenty (Auckland based)
- Zone 3: Taranaki, Manuwatu, Hawkes Bay & Wellington (Wellington Based)
- Zone 4: South Island (Christchurch based)
Some of your new responsibilities will be:
- Ensure compliance to Health & Safety legislation.
- Support the operational function by delivering and implementing Health & Safety policies and procedures in a practical manner that is in line with strategy and business objectives.
- Support and facilitate the delivery of Health & Safety training.
- Research and assess risks providing guidance and information to the business.
- Engage and influence senior internal and external stakeholders to create a culture of shared learning.
- Lead incident investigations and recommend corrective action(s)
- Promote and influence behavioural and cultural change within store teams by building capability and competency to proactively manage risk in the workplace (regular store visits).
- Assist stores in close out of site safety verification audit.
- Assist Early Intervention and the development of a manual handling programme.
- Follow up & review of recordable injuries to understand underlying trends & root cause.
- Element of travel to meet the requirements of the business may be required.
You will have the following skills and attributes:
- Strong Occupational Health & Safety background, appropriate qualifications and experience within the FMCG industry.
- Ability to conduct incident investigations and produce reports for the wider business.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to interact and influence internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to present and deliver Risk & Safety Information (including training) at all levels within the business
- Excellent document and version control skills, with a logical, focused approach.
- A solid problem-solver with the ability to undertake detailed root cause analysis and a creative thinker to find solutions
What's in it for you?
We can offer you an attractive salary, company vehicle & numerous team benefits. We also pride ourselves on training and development, so you will always have the opportunity to grow within the business.
At Countdown we believe that we are here to make Kiwi's lives a little better every day. If you want to be a part of our journey apply now.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.