|Company||New Zealand Police Department|
|Listed||Thu 28 Jun, 4:05 pm|
|Type||Full time, Contract/Temp|
New Zealand Police
Police National Headquarters, Wellington
Salary Range $114,410 - $154,790
12 Month Fixed Term Parental Leave Cover
Job Requisition ID 6904
New Zealand Police is the lead agency responsible for reducing crime and enhancing community safety. We work in partnership with individuals, communities, businesses and other public sector agencies to achieve our vision of Safer Communities Together.
The People Group provides advice and services to more than 12,000 employees of New Zealand Police. Particular emphasis is placed on supporting New Zealand Police's 2,100 supervisors and managers to improve leadership and management capability of frontline supervisors and managers.
Within the People Group, we have a 12 month fixed term parental leave cover opportunity for a Human Resources (HR) Service Centre Manager based at Police National Headquarters in Wellington. You will primarily be responsible for the operational delivery of the HR Support Services and Organisational Management teams who are geographically spread around our organisation. You will achieve this by working closely with the Payroll Manager to shape and lead a high-performing team-focused culture, have a focus on process and system integration, and to deliver exceptional client experience.
As an established operational manager you will also have a focus on continuous improvement through analytics and your ability to evaluate business problems and develop appropriate solutions. You will need to be a hands on, detailed orientated, process minded Manager to cope well with a high volume of HR transactions.
This is a crucial operational leadership role that offers autonomy and innovation in decision making. If you are looking for your next challenge we encourage you to apply for this role today!
Skills - you will be able to:
- Demonstrate a drive for operational excellence
- Think proactively and adapt your style and approach in different situations
- Demonstrate a high level of effective communication skills
- Manage a team across multiple locations
- Collaborate and engage with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Identify problems, generate solutions and make decisions
- Recognise the importance of technology and have an understanding of business systems and processes
Experience - you will have:
- Proven expertise in building people capability and a customer-focused culture
- Experience managing a team with high volumes and output that is frequently measured and reported on
- Recent experience leading a team to deliver administrative services to a large scale organisation
Core Competencies - you will demonstrate the following:
- Deliver - Level 3 (Manager/Leader)
- Innovate - Level 3 (Manager/Leader)
- Solve - Level 3 (Manager/Leader)
For more information about the above Core Competencies, visit "Our Values" on our website to view our Core Competency Framework: How We Do Things.
- Applicants must be a NZ or Australian citizen, or a NZ resident, or have a valid NZ work visa to apply for this position
To view the position description for the roles, please copy and paste the following link in a new browser: https://www.police.govt.nz/sites/default/files/pd/06-2018/hr_service_centre_manager_-_people_6904.pdf
How to Apply
If this position sounds like you, click 'Apply' now! You will be required to submit a Curriculum Vitae (maximum 4 pages) which provides a brief account of your relevant education, skills and experience. In addition, you must complete an application form telling us why you are interested in the position and how you meet the above Core Competencies of the role, no more than 4000 characters (including spaces), approximately 600 words per section.
If you are an existing Police Employee (excluding Contractors), you must apply through our internal Careers site and include your QID number in your application.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact the Hiring Manager: Kylie Fayen, via email Kylie.FAYEN@police.govt.nz.
Applications close at 5pm, Sunday 08 July 2018.