|Company||Nelson Marlborough Health|
|Location||Nelson, Nelson / Tasman|
|Listed||Thu 5 Jul, 5:05 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
We are a small team, based at Nelson Hospital, providing Payroll services for approximately 2600 staff across the Nelson Marlborough region, making us the largest employer in the region. We are seeking to employ a Payroll specialist with an interest in project work to participate in special projects to move our payroll service to the next level.
In this role you will:
- be responsible for processing master files changes ensuring integrity and accuracy at all times
- be developing business process documentation and procedures for master file changes to ensure accuracy, timeliness and reflect best practice with an aim to reduce manual and paper based processing
- be responsible for the rollout of roster to pay for our community based Disability Support Service
- provide backup support for the Payroll team for day to day payroll processing when required
- work alongside the Payroll and Human Resources Teams to create best practice procedures and documentation in a fast changing and complex environment.
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- demonstrated your ability to develop business process
- comprehensive and current knowledge of NZ Payroll related legislation
- experience with roster to pay payroll systems
- an interest in rostering and working with Payroll/ HRIS applications
- strong administration skills and meticulous attention to detail
- proven ability to work self-directed within a small payroll team
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- demonstrated your ability to engage with and develop employees skills around the use of new technology, when working with wide ranging levels of IT competency
- proven your ability to foster collaboration with stakeholders.
Additionally it would be advantageous if you had experience with using AMS Software LEADER, ACTOR, SQL, but not essential as training will be provided.
If you consider yourself a fast learner who enjoys working with new systems and processes, and this role sounds like the opportunity you're after, we look forward to receiving your application.
Enquiries can be directed in confidence to Renee LeNoel, Payroll Manger via ReneeLeNoel@nmdhb.govt.nz or via 03 5393 652.
Applications are only accepted online, so to apply or to view the position description please go to our careers website www.nmdhb.govt.nz/careers
We invite you to view our brief Welcome to Nelson Marlborough Healthvideo clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saQKxH-7e8s
For information on the Nelson/Tasman region visit http://www.nelsonnz.com/
Appointment and ongoing employment will be conditional upon criminal record checks.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Closing date: Sunday, 22 July 2018.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.