|Company||Horizon Energy Group|
|Location||Whakatane, Bay Of Plenty|
|Listed||Thu 15 Feb, 6:44 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- An exciting opportunity within a growth focused Group of Companies
- Challenging role
- Competitive remuneration package offered
Horizon Energy Group is a community trust owned electricity distributor operating in the Eastern Bay of Plenty, headquartered in Whakatane; with subsidiary electrical, contracting and refrigeration businesses based across New Zealand.
Horizon Energy Group is recruiting for a Senior Risk & Business Control Analyst. This permanent full time position may be located in either Whakatane or Auckland.
Reporting to the Group Chief Financial Officer & Company Secretary, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring there is an efficient internal control framework in place and operating effectively, that maintains the integrity of financial information, in both New Zealand (NZ) and Fiji. This will include ensuring internal audit recommendations are actioned in a timely manner.
- The internal control portion of the position will involve analysing, documenting, and reporting to all stakeholders the critical business process controls, using a risk based assurance approach, so that Management is assured of the effectiveness of the controls, with a focus on driving process efficiencies for any control weaknesses through the systematic automation of those controls.
- Establishing and maintaining systems and reporting for all business associated control and risk management for both the Company's regulated business and non-regulated businesses.
- Responsibility for and maintaining the Group's risk register.
- Establishing a Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and a Crisis Management Plan (CMP) for the Group, with ongoing review.
- Administering all of the Group's insurance obligations.
- Developing and maintaining a contract tender framework and provide review and support to the business with contract documentation.
- Maintaining bank account users and administration rights for joiners and leavers and administer the issuing and cancelling of credit cards for the Group (NZ and Fiji).
- Providing support to both the Group CFO & Company Secretary, the Finance and Reporting teams and the Group CEO.
To be successful a candidate will require the following qualifications and experience:
- Graduate Accounting qualification.
- NZ Chartered Accountant qualification/part qualification with intention to qualify.
- External or Internal Audit and Risk experience including internal controls, business systems and processes.
- Competence in the use of core Microsoft computer applications including Word with advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent written/report writing and verbal communication skills.
- Professional, customer focused and committed to providing a high quality of service.
- Orientated towards continuous improvement.
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to staff at all levels, work independently and with different teams across the business.
- Ability to build strong relationships.
- Disciplined and self-motivated with a positive approach to work.
- Effective time management skills, ability to prioritise competing demands and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work across functional boundaries in a collaborative manner to get things done in the interest of customers.
- Ability to deliver an outcome which is reliant on a large number of people working collaboratively, and has many key stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience in managing complex and demanding tasks.
- Current NZ Manual Drivers Licence.
The Horizon Energy Group takes pride on its commitment to the health and safety of all its stakeholders and bases all its activities on safety leadership, risk management and worker participation as premise.
To support this, you will have excellent communication and problem solving skills, sound industry and product knowledge, be safety focussed at all times, possess a high degree of initiative, able to think clearly under pressure and most of all be a team player.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
We can offer a challenging position with a competitive remuneration.