|Location||Christchurch City, Canterbury|
|Listed||Fri 9 Feb, 4:52 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Become part of a fun, dedicated & passionate team
- Join an organisation making a significant impact across New Zealand through Science & Innovation
- We drive internal development and personal growth for our people
AgResearch is going through a major technology transformation and the Information Solutions (IS) & Software Development team is tasked with applying the industry best practices to the design, development, and deployment of world-class solutions to support the Research as well as Corporate functions.
As the Business Intelligence and Warehouse Developer you will be carrying out a range of data warehouse and business intelligence development activities playing a key role in supporting a variety of projects through ETL development, database design, data modelling and building BI solutions including data visualisation and reporting.
- Use a range of simple and advanced techniques to understand specific business opportunities and challenges
- Lead the Data Warehouse design and architecture of the Data Warehouse environment
- Support all AgResearch systems to maintain a high standard of data quality
- Continuously improve processes and practices within the Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse capability
- Actively build and maintain position and productive working relationships with all stakeholders
- Tertiary education in Information Systems or equivalent qualification
- 5+ years' experience in BI, Data Warehouse, ETL and Data Solutions
- Minimum one year's hands on experience using Power BI, Power Query, MDX, DAX and Power BI Gateway
- Experience in working SQL Server 2012/2014/2016
- A passion for innovation and continual self-development
- Self-motivated with the willingness to go the extra mile
- Excellent communication skills
- Beautiful campuses & great Learning and Development opportunities
- Generous leave provisions & access to the group scheme for health insurance
- Income and life insurance & supportive family friendly working environment
- Optional 5th week annual leave, multiple retail discounts & All of Government Westpac banking discounts
How to apply
Closing Date of expressions of interest 23rd February 2018.
Click APPLY or contact Nishaka Ranaweera, IS & Software Development Manager on 021 398 683 for a confidential discussion.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.