|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Pay & Benefits||Salary|
|Listed||Tue 5 Jun, 3:01 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Why you`d like it:
- Iconic, heavy-hitting, Enterprise brand
- Greenfield project landscape; generating commercial value from untapped data
- Influence and affect commercial change across business and at Board level
- Responsible for the overall design and implementation of BI software and systems
- Attractive Salary package with Central Auckland parking
This national icon has touch points with a range of businesses and consumers throughout this fair land. With over 25 years of operation in industry land, the business has gone through steady market growth and more recently has embarked on their biggest system transformation to date, to meet the needs of rapidly changing global business priorities. The next chapter is to maximise the use of huge and complex data sets across the organisation for new revenue generation projects.
You will work with the Head of Architecture and a small and dedicated Data team, within their newly formed Information and Analytics Centre of Excellence. You will be the go-to person, helping build the BI capability within the team, imparting knowledge where appropriate and identifying risks and opportunities.
The focus of this role is to strategically design and implement BI solutions, including integration with databases and data warehouses, by working on multiple and massive data sets across diverse business portfolios. You`ll also provide BI expertise through support functions and in-depth testing. So, you`ll work directly with the business, in a brand new shared services team- seeking to understand what different stakeholders are trying to achieve, educating them as to the power of their huge data sets, and then working with them towards new solutions and greater insights.
What we need to see in your background:
- 3+ years in a dedicated BI specialist role..... With a high numerical and verbal reasoning capability.
- Experience with the following MS BI tools is a must:?
- SQL programming in SQL Server 2012, 2014 & 2016
- SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SSMS
- Power BI, PowerApps, and Flow
- SharePoint Server 2013 or SharePoint Online
- Comfortable in presenting and sharing the value of BI to seek out further opportunities within the business
- Proven experience leading (Agile) BI projects within a medium-large organisation
- Extensive experience in relationship modelling and dimensional modelling
- And of course, passion for learning new ways to work with data, an interest in advanced analysis, and a strong understanding of data warehousing principles is also a given.
The organisation offers clear development, a huge variety of projects, an excellent remuneration package, and the opportunity to define the business landscape for an industry in the throes of commercial evolution. If this sounds like your shtick then send through your CV as soon as you can
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.