|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Listed||Mon 6 Aug, 2:06 pm|
|Type||Full time, Contract/Temp|
- Kiwi owned and operated company
- Excellent Location
- 6 month contract
Our client is a well-known and respected brand along with being one of New Zealand's top employers in the data & insights space.
They are slightly different from their competition and have some exciting plans for 2018 and beyond. They have an urgent requirement for a Data Engineer to join their existing team this is an initial 6-month contract, however, there is a high likelihood to extend!
What you'll be doing:
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join a growing data team at a reputable kiwi brand.
You will be working closely with stakeholders to design, build & integrate data from clients big-data infrastructure by optimising the platform to ensure it runs smoothly and efficiently.
You will also be responsible for preparing big-data for use by Data Scientists and Analysts with close working relationships into the Data & Analytics & Technology teams.
- Help architect and build big-data environments
- Ensure the data environment runs smoothly and efficiently
- Acquire data from policy administration systems, CRM tools, HR systems, digital platforms, third-party and other data sources
- Provision data within the big-data infrastructure
- Help with the ETL of the big-data into legacy data warehouses
What we are looking for:
In addition to the below technical skills, you will have awesome communication skills and the ability to build rapport easily. You will have been working within the Data space for at least 4-5 years. From a technical perspective, you will need:
- Minimum 5 years in programming, be technically skilled in development using
- ETL tools (not confined to SAS).
- Expert in Base SAS, SAS EG, SAS DI and SQL programming
- Need analytic problem-solving skills: Approaching high-level challenges with a clear eye on what is important; employing the right approach/methods to make the maximum use of time and resources.
- Expertise in data extraction, ETL design, data processing, business intelligence and analytics technologies
- Ability to conduct reviews for codes created by the team
- Create and maintain code documentation
- Guide the developers in identifying, preparing and conducting unit test cases and fixing defects based on results
- Have the ability to work to tight deadlines, keep momentum and deal with conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to contribute and adhere to standards, have excellent attention to detail and be strongly driven by quality
Why you should apply:
Opportunities at this level very rarely crop up. Don't miss your opportunity to join one of New Zealand's top employers in the data & insights space.
Don't be one of those people who read an advert about a fantastic opportunity and never actually apply, only to later hear somebody you know bragging about how great their new job is! They applied so don't miss this opportunity - APPLY NOW!
Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Please apply using an MS WORD version of your CV, as if we proceed with your application this is the format we'll require to submit to clients.
Note: We review all CV's manually and you will only be contacted if your skills and experience meet the requirements of any of our clients.
Reference number #AW758203
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.