|Listed||Mon 2 Sep, 10:01 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
The General Manager - Engineering is accountable for leading, growing and managing a leadership team and their technical teams to deliver high quality solutions. These solutions cover the breadth of Xero's 'internal' systems and are critical to ensuring Xero's can work effectively and efficiently, delivering outcomes for our business and Xero's customers.
This role will work closely with the other Enterprise Technology GMs to understand their business needs, technology stacks, skill set requirements and workforce planning to ensure the Engineering teams are high performing and have the right capabilities to be able to provide innovative technical services to meet these needs. You will input into the discovery, refinement, and solutioning of these technology services, and own the engineering practices and standards (including security and compliance) within Enterprise Technology. You will also technically lead input into mergers and acquisition due diligence, relevant RFP / commercial processes, and integration planning and execution as a result of any acquisition.
This is a senior role so to be successful you will need to have:
- Extensive experience leading and managing high performing engineering/testing teams
- Proven experience defining technology driven strategic outcomes and alignment
- Experience and understanding across a range of modern technologies and SaaS products
- Extensive knowledge of commercial processes including driving RFI/RFP initiatives and vendor/supplier management
- Demonstrated delivery experience across complex business and technical domains, with superior business process understanding
- Demonstrated experience managing budgets and financial outcomes
- The ability to collaborate, influence, #challenge and bring together a diverse range of stakeholders for a common goal
At Xero, we encourage flexible work arrangements that allow you to balance your life and passions. As part of our awesome package, you'll get Xero shares, life insurance and enhanced leave as well as a variety of other perks.
Have fun while you do the best work of your life! We're a place where personal development, innovation, and change are not only encouraged but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
Xero is a NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and is Rainbow Tick accredited too.
If this sounds like you, apply now with your CV and Cover Letter telling us why you want to join the team!