|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Listed||Thu 14 Jun, 4:01 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
As an Agile Team Facilitator at Xero, you'll help one to two Agile teams (which we call Pods) understand what it means to be Agile and to implement efficient and effective software development practices.
You'll make an impact by helping Pods deliver valuable high-quality software quickly and consistently to our customers.
As an Agile Team Facilitator, you'll be doing things like:
- Facilitating Agile ceremonies and workshops so that they're purposeful, effective and move our teams forward
- Working with Pods to apply the concepts and values of the Agile mindset
- Supporting the Pod to maximise the impact of their chosen framework (commonly scrum, kanban or scrumban) and to work at a sustainable and predictable pace
- Supporting Product Owners, including defining and prioritising the Product Backlog
- Identifying and swiftly removing barriers that get in the Pods way
- Helping the Pods collaborate effectively and truly self-organise
- Creating an environment where Pods have tight feedback loops, access to metrics, and embrace learning and continuous improvement
- Striving to build capability within the Pod, not dependency upon an Agile Team Facilitator
We're looking for people who are driven by:
- A desire to help teams and people achieve goals
- Focusing on outcomes
- Continuously learning and innovating
- Being a part of successful, supportive and fun teams
What you'll need to succeed:
- An Agile mindset
- An understanding of the values and principles that underpin Lean-Agile
- Ability to lead when the situation calls for it
- Coaching, mentoring or training skills
- Strong communication skills
- Engaging facilitation skills
- Good judgement and high EQ
- Strength to fail, and learn, and do it again
- A personal commitment to growing and deepening your craft
We're looking for people from a variety of backgrounds so if you reckon you fit the bill (or are close to it) we'd love for you to apply.
Joining Xero means working with an internationally acclaimed, award-winning product right here in Auckland. As part of our awesome package, you'll get a competitive salary, Xero shares, Life Insurance, great colleagues and an environment that challenges you to follow your passions, develop your skills and be the best you can be. We offer a swathe of other cool perks as well as free fruit, pool tables and fizzy drinks to keep you going.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.