|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Listed||Thu 21 Nov, 11:00 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
We're a diverse group of 60+ working across Xero's products in five locations in New Zealand, Australia, and the USA. The design team is a vital part of Xero's success and our product makes a meaningful difference in the lives and businesses of more than a million people around the world.
So where do you come in?
Everyone is 'on the tools' and the Design Manager is no different! The product Design manager is a mix of hands on design work and managing other product designers. You'll mentor others in the Design team, particularly those new to Xero and/or new in their design career, so that they can do their best work and develop skills and expertise
Design Managers combine designing and delivering their own Product design with a broader responsibility across the Product Design team as a whole working on design projects. This means that on top of the regular Product Designer responsibilities you will also…
- Offer design critique to all Designers, sharing your thoughts and domain knowledge in a useful and constructive way
- You will be responsible for developing their careers and enabling them to be the best they can be at Xero
- You'll align your team to the overall strategy of Design and will review your teams performance
- You'll present design and design strategy to a variety of internal and external groups, from product colleagues to C-level executives
- Managers work closely with their Design Directors - you'll share in the strategising work and conversations, building strong relationships with engineering leads and product managers to help influence prioritisation of work and roadmap items.
- As part of the wider leadership team -you'll share responsibility for aspects of making the Design Team better, such as: Helping deliver the team's professional development programme, and creating better processes across the team like continuously improving ways we work with development teams
- At Xero we're always growing! This means you'll also be responsible for the recruitment, onboarding, engagement and management of new team members.
You're ideal for this role if...
- You have a strong background in Product Design, backed by a portfolio that demonstrates high-quality design outcomes, contributing to user experience and business value
- You have heaps of experience working closely with developers and other designers (ideally with people leadership/management experience)
- You've seen and done it all! - You'll be experienced in the entire design process, from uncovering customer needs and pain points, to executing elegant interfaces
- And of course… you're passionate about supporting, enabling and empowering other designers.
But why work at Xero?
At Xero, we are rewiring the small business economy and want millions of small businesses to thrive through beautiful software, advice, and connections.
We see the value in work-life balance, many of us take full advantage of our flexible working arrangements, so whether you like to get a surf in before work, like to head home in time to pick up the kids or you just like working from the comfort of your own home now and then, we want to support you.
We trust you to build your career to the best of your ability and we will support your hunger to learn with training and career mentorship, to help you flourish. Our facilities and PX teams work hard to give us great workspaces with all the tech company perks so join us and experience our awesome culture!
Apply now with your CV and portfolio!
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.