|Listed||Fri 2 Mar, 5:17 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Hill Laboratories is New Zealand's leading analytical testing laboratory. We supply a broad range of laboratory tests to a broad spectrum of customers. We utilise the latest technologies to supply the most accurate and reliable results in the industry. We are passionate about technology and constantly look to technology to solve ever increasingly complex problems. We realise that advances in technology require our constant assessment to see if they can get things done better. Through all this we have one aim, to deliver game changing software.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Java Developer to join us as at our head office in Hamilton. You'll need to have a positive can do attitude, be a great agile team player and above all be keen to actively contribute towards our development utopia.
You will be working in a small but growing team of talented software developers. We care about the products that we deliver, and we're helping to shape our sector by delivering high quality, scalable software.
You are a Java Developer based in the Hamilton area that's looking for a new challenge. You want your work to matter, so you are holding out for a great company that appreciates your talents and whose product is extensively used and appreciated by its customers.
You'll have had experience of working in an agile environment and you make sure your code is always of a high standard, well covered with automated tests.
The ideal candidate will:
- have a comprehensive knowledge of Java using based technology including Spring and Spring Boot
- understand RESTful principles and be able to implement micro-services that are capable of functioning at scale
- be familiar with agile processes and used to working within an agile team
- believe that writing automated tests to ensure that high quality code is a key foundation to software development
- display a high level of written and verbal communication skills
- have excellent analytical skills
- be familiar with DevOps - Automated builds using Maven and GitLab
- have a good knowledge of web applications, Linux operating systems
- have experience with source control systems
- have a good understanding of design patterns and best practises.
- Experience of working with Atlassian toolset including JIRA and Confluence
- IntelliJ IDEA
- Understanding of AWS and the services it has to offer
To see the Job Description file please copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser's address bar http://expressonline.hainesattract.co.nz/pdfs/584635_other.pdf
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.