|Location||Christchurch City, Canterbury|
|Listed||Wed 28 Mar, 4:02 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Project Environment, Mature but evolving Technical Platform
- Join a cross functional, high achieving, multi location team
- Permanent position with global leader
What's in it for me?
Trimble Navigation is a leading provider of advanced positioning solutions, with products in use in over 141 countries around the world, with employees based in more than 30 countries. Though best known for GPS technology, Trimble integrates a wide range of positioning technologies including GPS, laser, optical and inertial technologies with application software, wireless communications, and services to provide complete commercial solutions.
The CTCT division (a joint venture between Trimble and Caterpillar) develops positioning and control products for earthmoving and paving machines in the construction and mining industries, using technologies such as GPS, optical total stations, lasers and sonics. The products are used in a range of applications where the operator of the machine benefits from having accurate horizontal and vertical guidance.
What would I be doing?
The Software Engineer will be responsible for designing and maintaining software and algorithms for earth moving machines. These algorithms will enable higher levels of automation and operator efficiency through improved modelling of the worksite, and utilizing connectivity to back office systems. Responsibilities include;
- Continued development and evolution of a mature embedded C++ machine control system, focused on mapping/GIS, interconnectivity and algorithm development.
- Collaborating with the application domain experts and other software developers across multiple international sites to deliver identified customer value.
- Demonstrating a set of fundamental software engineering skills that result in predictability in engineering, scheduling and the quality of products developed.
What do I need?
The position requires a motivated team player with excellent troubleshooting ability and a strong and proven background in C++ Development within an Embedded Linux environment. The successful applicant will be committed to quality and will demonstrate a dedicated, yet flexible approach to work. Excellent communication skills are also essential.
Required qualifications and competencies include:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in computer science, engineering, mathematics, mechatronics or equivalent.
- A minimum five years of experience C++.
- Experience with Python and Java would be a plus but not required.
- History of innovative problem solving and algorithm development, ideally gained with optimisation algorithms or GIS systems.
- Sound maths skills, particularly with linear algebra or kinematics
- Applicants must hold NZ Citizenship, NZ Permanent Residency or an Open Work Visa
What do I do now?
- Call CHRIS WOODS if you would like more information on (03) 928 2316
- Apply using the Apply button on this page
Who are we?
Sourced is a specialist IT Recruitment Agency primarily focused on permanent & contract positions within the Christchurch IT market.
Jobseekers come back to us time after time as we look out for them and provide sound, unbiased guidance throughout their careers. Our clients keep coming back because we do what we say we'll do, working to genuinely understand their business, their culture and their unique dynamic. Keep up to date with all that is happening in your local IT and Technology market by registering with us now at www.sourced.kiwi
Overseas and New Zealand bound?
We work with candidates from all over the globe, every day. If you have made your decision to move to New Zealand and your plans are firmly underway, please get in touch by registering with us. We have clients who are sourcing specialised IT disciplines and are ready and willing to talk to you.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.