|Company||Ministry of Social Development|
|Listed||Mon 9 Apr, 3:16 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
The Web development team at the Ministry of Social Development requires an additional developer. We manage a range of websites and applications and often have to respond to requests for changes at very short notice. We are looking to bring on a developer with a skill set that can easily be transferred to TeamSite development.
This position would suit an experienced and capable developer with a strong background in software development ideally with a tertiary degree in Software Engineering. The applicant will most likely have several years experience and a proven track record of delivering high quality code.
Our Web Content Management System is OpenText TeamSite & LiveSite and with the skills below you will be given training and guidance to become proficient at developing templates. The following skills, at least to an intermediate level, are preferable for this position:
- Minimum 3 years Perl experience preferably in web development. Perl experience with XML and html parsers is highly desirable.
- Java. Experience with Java J2EE technologies like JSP, Servlets and JDBC desirable.
- An understanding of version control and exposure to source code management systems
- XML & HTML
The following skills are also desirable but not essential:
- Experience with web content management systems
- Experience with web servers and application servers
- Basic Unix/Linux admin commands and usage
- SQL, Hibernate
Skills and requirements
- A proven software engineering background.
- Good written and verbal skills; ability to articulate ideas and problem solve.
- Able to work independently and/or as part of a team.
- Excellent time management
- Ability to multitask and work in an Agile environment
How to apply:
Internal MSD Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal candidate.
External Candidates – (including Ministry for Children Oranga Tamariki employees) must apply directly through our MSD careers page at https://jobs.msd.govt.nz
Applications close: 20th April 2018