|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Listed||Tue 26 Jun, 6:05 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Large IT environment
- Cutting edge projects
- Great work-life balance
Our client is a large, well known organisation with an array of application based projects ongoing currently, across an array of business units.
The role of the Applications Specialist is to provide technical, consultative advice on an array of both bespoke and off the shelf applications across the organisation. You will come from a broad IT background with a passion for learning new technologies. While the role isn't too hands on with application development, experience in this field is crucial in order to consult the wider business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering high quality enhancements to existing applications
- Liaising with business leaders to identify pain points and areas for improvement for existing applications
- Provide DevOps support to the wider business
- Ensure delivery of projects to agreed timeframes
- Maintain optimum operational levels for both IT services and applications
You will have five or more years' experience across a range of technologies, with an advanced skillset when it comes to application development. You will ideally be tertiary qualified with a degree in computer science, IT or similar and have experience working in a large, multi-faceted environment.
You will also ideally be:
- Experienced with Micro Service architecture, API Management and modern middleware technologies
- Experienced in championing Agile and DevOps as a framework across small teams
- Adept in the implementation of business applications
- Equipped with a strong commercial acumen and stakeholder management ability
This role would suit a Developer with an in-depth and broad range of experience, who enjoys being the subject matter expert in an organisation; and is willing to lead projects, champion the development of business applications and steer the direction of multiple projects which will have an impact across thousands of users.
Like to know more?
To submit your application, in strict confidence, please apply online using the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Ryan Mulholland in our Auckland office on +64 9 977 9804.
Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.