|Location||Palmerston North, Manawatu / Wanganui|
|Pay & Benefits||Based on skills and experience|
|Listed||Thu 12 Jul, 5:49 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
|Reference||Senior PHP Develop|
The perfect candidate will have:
- Solid experience writing and maintaining large PHP apps over an extended period
- Strong Team leadership skills. You will lead a team of junior and intermediate developers
- Mentoring skills to build the capacity and capability of your team
- Ability to create a technical vision for a software project architecture _and_ help your team implement it
- Broad and deep knowledge of the modern PHP ecosystem (composer, frameworks, standards, future directions)
- Strong drive for software quality. Experience using code quality tools to improve real projects
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Customer facing skills: the ability to talk in plain language to customers
- Project management experience.
Nice to have attributes include:
- UX Design / Usability
- DevOps / CI skills (we have gitlab but could be using it better)
- Ubuntu server admin: high availability / failover
- Experience migrating legacy (PHP 3 style) code to modern standards
- PHP 5.6 (migrating to 7)
- MySQL 5.7
- Ubuntu 16.04
- GitLab CI
You must be a NZ resident to apply. The job is located in Palmerston North. Remote (offsite) options are not available.
You will be in the office during office hours to lead the team. This role involves a stimulating mix of hands-on coding, team leadership, mentoring, customer contact, server skills and more. The team is young and friendly with a mix of nationalities / backgrounds.
Palmerston North is a great place to live with lower living costs than other cities.
Walk or cycle to work.
There is a thriving network of IT professionals in town. http://www.manawatunz.co.nz/live-work/
If you are looking for a challenging role with a competitive salary, apply now.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.