|Company||Properly NZ ltd|
|Pay & Benefits||competitive wages DOE|
|Listed||Fri 13 Jul, 10:03 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Properly is a San Francisco-based startup which provides an operations management platform for Airbnb hosts and vacation rental property managers, and a marketplace for service providers within the industry. We are backed by world-class investors such as the Sequoia Scout Fund and our SEM (software as a service enabled marketplace) tools are now used by 15K+ Airbnb hosts and property managers around the world.
The Properly team is a group of talented entrepreneurs from around the world eager to make a dent in this fast-growing industry. Our offices in the US, New Zealand, Barcelona, and Europe, enable us to attract individuals from around the world.
And, thanks to the explosive demand for our product, we must now grow our engineering and product teams. Specifically, our Wellington office, out of which many of our developers and engineers work, is looking for new talent.
As part of an Agile cross-functional team, you have an important role from the inception to the delivery of the technology and features that drive our company’s performance. You are an advocate for quality, will influence, and educate other team members; ultimately, you will help create and maintain a culture of commitment to high quality, robust, and reliable services which deliver value to customers.
You will work closely with UX designers, product owners, developer, quality engineers and other stakeholders to develop functional and delightful products. This role presents a unique opportunity to apply software development skills and commitment to achieve outsized returns in a startup that has a proven concept, solid growth engine, and an amazingly talented team.
- You will drive and own quality of your software through craft work, proper testing and coverage, attention to detail and passion for what you do.
- You will be using React, Sagas, GraphQL, and Redux patterns for web and mobile development.
- You will use React Native alongside other mobile developers that are focused on creating rich UI components and platform features for you to integrate in your features.
- You will write and consume new microservices to host new API and new data flows required by the features you are delivering.
- You will always, always test your code. By that, we mean write code that tests your code. We trust your creativity to innovate and bring new ideas, but we trust the code to check the code.
- AWS, EC2, ECS, Lambda, Terraform, Infrastructure as Code, Docker
- Node 8+, Jest, GraphQL, Apollo, React, Sagas, Redux, React Native
- Microservices, Node 8+, Jest, Moleculer, NATS.io, Redis, MongoDB, Kafka
- Lambda - Babel, Webpack, Serverless
- A team player
- Attention to detail
- Positive and optimistic attitude
- Good problem solving skills
- Open-minded about product development with willingness to iterate and learn.
- Passionate about technology
- Demonstrable experience with parts of our stack.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things in software.
- Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
What we offer
- The opportunity to collaborate side-by-side with a very motivated and international team.
- Senior mentor developers who will review your code, scaffold your coding abilities, and kindly grow your future potential.
- The chance to learn new things (online and offline) and meet interesting people from within our team.
- The opportunity to work and network in Bizdojo on Tory street, a collaborative office filled with leading technology and software entrepreneurs.
- The experience of working at an ambitious product startup first-hand.
- Competitive compensation and stock options.
- Cake on Birthdays, snacks when possible, drinks on a Friday, bottomless espresso coffee, and a bright future alongside our team!