|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Listed||Wed 9 Oct, 4:04 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Our client is a geospatial data management platform. They have major current customers in the NZ government sector, and in 2020 They're growing into Australia and into private sector clients
- Their platform is primarily built on Python, Django, PostgreSQL, hosted in Linux environments on AWS. The geospatial aspects of our platform are a mix of proprietary and various well known open source projects.
- Their user-facing front-end is React, with a legacy product in Dojo being migrated between now and end 2020
- They have major growth plans for 2020, including product expansion into version control of geospatial data
- You'll be primarily working at the Platform API level, sitting next to the Product Manager and between the front end team, and the backend team.
- Current team size is 13; current plans are for a team size of 30 by end 2020
- Auckland based (downtown Auckland)
- You're an experienced Python developer (5+ years commercial software experience, 2+ years with Python) with a strong product focus.
- You have evolved and improved products over time and are capable of architecting complex software solutions.
- You've worked with distributed systems, and are familiar with or have implemented: message queues; analytics; search; testing frameworks; APIs; and build/deployment/development tools.
- You're an independent and versatile developer, with the ability to pick up different languages, frameworks and techniques with relative ease.
- Your positive attitude, respect for your peers and your excellent verbal and written communication skills make you great at collaborating with your team.
- Ideally you will have had geospatial experience, at least knowing geospatial jargon, but preferably having hands on experience with geospatial data
- Esri experience is of no particular benefit (they are not an-based Esri platform, though we have many Esri users)
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.