|Listed||Wed 9 Oct, 4:44 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
SilverStripe hosts hundreds of websites on over a thousand servers. Your main focus will be on the reliability of our platforms: you will be responsible for shaping and managing service levels, incident response, and reducing repeatable work burden (toil) by applying engineering practices. You’ll be encouraged to share your knowledge by mentoring other members of the team, as well as contributing to our wider product development which will give you the opportunity to show off work you’re proud of.
We look for people who:
- Are self-directed - you take ownership of your role and have an “I’ve got this” attitude
- Thrive in a collaborative team environment - your team can rely on you to pitch in and help them get over the line every time
- Have exceptional communication skills and a willingness to work with other teams
- Are customer outcome orientated - when our customers are happy, you’re happy.
Here are the specifics of what we’re after in a Site Reliability Engineer:
- 2+ years experience working in a similar SRE team in previous roles
- 4+ years experience working in infrastructure teams
- Practical, solid knowledge of at least one high-level programming language and of modern programming practices. Our customers predominantly use PHP, so knowing your way around it is a plus
- Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, web application security, and distributed systems
- Knowing your way around at least one cloud platform (e.g. AWS)
- Understanding of Linux, specifically Ubuntu and Debian
- Experience with configuration and automation tools such as Puppet and Ansible
- Track record of successful practical problem solving, excellent written and social communication, and documentation skills
- This role will involve on-call out of hours rotation, with additional compensation
- Exposure to DevOps and Agile development practices.
All applications MUST be submitted via our website or this link: https://silverstripe.workable.com/
Applications received through any other channel will not be accepted.
Applications close at 5pm, Wednesday 30th October 2019.
We're family friendly
SilverStripe is a grown-up company. We want to create an environment that has all the excitement and intellectual stimulation of a startup but with a sensible business model. Many SilverStripers have young families and we strive to support that.
We take professional development seriously
There are plenty of opportunities for learning - we pay for SilverStripers to attend conferences and training; we hold our own monthly Hackdays; and we encourage knowledge sharing through regular internal events like "Show & Tell" and "Lunch & Learn". We've got something on each week! Mostly, you'll be working alongside people who'll share their love of the craft and help you grow your skills.
We have an awesome culture
SilverStripe is big on things like building trusting relationships, using technology to solve important problems, and helping each other reach their goals. We actively foster a culture that supports our core values of honesty over comfort; adaptability over guarantees; collaboration over control; continuous improvement over perfection; and camaraderie over corporate culture. Our culture sets us apart.
At SilverStripe we're passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Companies that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective are proven to deliver better solutions.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.