|Company||GS1 New Zealand|
|Pay & Benefits||Generous plus bonus, health and life insurances|
|Listed||Wed 9 Oct, 4:46 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
We are always on the lookout for team members who are focused yet agile, who are energetic and like to have fun while they work, and who always act with integrity - those people will thrive in our culture.
About the role
Make a big impact in a small team while delivering industry-leading solutions that are reliable, easy to use and scale. We are seeking a senior full stack .Net developer with React experience to join our team in Wellington. This is our first developer position in Wellington and will join our Head of Digital Product and UX designer; the rest of the team is located in Auckland.
This is your chance to make a difference - you'll be working on a range of product built in C#, and we are just starting to use React for the development.
The focus of the role will be to support GS1’s platforms to ensure a seamless and high-quality service for customers. This role will support the consolidation of data, processes and client records within GS1 and play an active role in the integration (data, business rules, customer experience) of GS1’s various systems. The team works with all areas of the business to design and deliver products that are used by our external and internal customers.
What you'll need
• A relevant tertiary qualification is required
• The equivalent of 5+ years direct experience in a similar role
• Proven experience working on digital projects, including responsive websites and API services, using ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Core, Bootstrap, jQuery, ORMs (Dapper, Linq2SQL, EF).
• Solid understanding of modern web development including HTML5, CSS, RESTful APIs, web standards and accessibility
• Familiar with using Visual Studio, SQL Server, GIT, and Azure DevOps
• Appreciation of software design and project methodologies and ways of working
• Familiarity with various design and architectural patterns
• Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server
• Preferably, experience implementing automated testing and unit tests
• Proficiency in using the Git code versioning tool.
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of products
• Experience in, or familiarity with, working in a Kanban-driven environment
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Solution focused – think beyond constraints and focus on what is possible
• Adaptive to change and is able to make things happen
• Someone who is able to get on with everyone
• A self-starter who is motivated and passionate
• Someone who can take direction, but is also able to use their initiative
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• High level of professionalism – you will promote and behave in ways that support the culture and values of the GS1
• Act with integrity at all times - be trusted and consistent in dealing with everyone in the team and those outside GS1
• Have excellent attention to detail
Want to join us?
Think that you’ve got the right attitude and skills to be part of the GS1 team? If so, apply via email.
Please provide the following, written by you, as part of your application:
1. A CV outlining your relevant work experience
2. A cover letter explaining why you are the right person for this position, highlighting the key skills that match our requirements, and please also include in your cover letter the below:
3. Two case studies. In the first share with us a backend project or feature you worked on. Explain what the problem was, how you solved it, and anything that you learned. The second should focus on a frontend project or feature. Tell us about the UX/UI problem you had to solve, and walk us through how you created and delivered a solution.
Applicants who do not fulfil these three requirements will not be considered for the role.
You must also be a New Zealand citizen or have the appropriate visa to indefinitely live and work in New Zealand.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.