|Location||Christchurch City, Canterbury|
|Listed||Fri 11 Oct, 12:05 pm|
|Type||Full time, Contract/Temp|
- 6 month fixed term contract
- Python Developer
- Based in CHCH but travel to Auckland
6 month fixed term contract for a Python Developer!
Your new company
Developing a working automated test system software and integrate it with an Auckland-based radio manufacturer. The majority of the development is expected to be based in Christchurch. Work closely with company's software and production teams but be mobile to visit the production site in Auckland for integration, as needed. Our company plans to manufacture two different variants from its radio products line, each one requiring different hardware and with change in software test requirements.
Your new role
- Getting to know project's detail tasks, our products, the involved stakeholders and all the project's contributors.
- Complete a top-level design (and use-case design) of delivered software components.
- Production test software frameworks, for example Google HTF, and build the required business logic on top of it, going through a cycle of integration with the manufacturer test steps.
- Software of the project should be taken as one-responsible-man task, with continuous guidance, supervision and knowledge transfer from stakeholders.
What you'll need to succeed
- We're looking for a professional who has experience doing similar projects before
- Based in Christchurch but is willing to travel within NZ
- Ideally have worked with one of recent Production Test Frameworks
- Python knowledge is a huge advantage
- Solid experience with hardware testing
- Embedded development experience is an advantage, familiarity with git is expected
- Reasonable IT experience: ability to set up VMs and Servers is a hugely important skill
- Must be NZ resident and possess full driving license
- Flexible. Independent person. A thinker. Great communication skills.
What you'll get in return
A negotiable salary is on offer for the right applicant, as well as the opportunity to make your mark in a company by gaining knowledge in a niche market. This business is going places, and if you are looking at making a difference within a small growing team, in a specialist industry, gaining skills you wouldn't anywhere else, then get in touch!
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, please contact me by clicking "apply now" or emailing me your details at the address below. However, if you are an IT professional looking to advance your career but this role is not of interest, please contact me on the number below to discuss several other positions I have available.
For further information please contact Casey Donnithorne- firstname.lastname@example.org
033776656 Looking for work? Hays Christchurch now have a dedicated IT consultant specialising in the recruitment of Information & Technologies professionals, across all levels and on a temporary and permanent capacity. We are currently working with a variety of industries recruiting for a variety of roles! Call the Christchurch office on 03 377 6656 to discuss with our consultant and register your interest!