|Location||Christchurch City, Canterbury|
|Listed||Thu 8 Feb, 8:55 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
|Reference||C60388 / 26688|
- Work for a science research organisation making a significant difference to New Zealand
- Join a forward thinking team where you can truly make a difference
- Work at an organisation that drives internal development for their people
We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Senior Systems Engineer to be part of our fast paced IT Infrastructure team. This role will be a busy one, being responsible for contributing to AgResearch's IT Infrastructure design and delivery as well as day-to-day operational duties.
- Provide system administration support for AgResearch Virtualisation, Storage, Data Services and Windows servers
- Be committed to maintaining IT Infrastructure to a high standard
- Be a key escalation point for technical incidents, problems and service requests
- Monitor and maintain infrastructure platforms
- Ensure both internal and external customers are kept up to date with the status of activities
- Participate and at times, lead the delivery of infrastructure projects.
- Relevant tertiary Information Technology qualification or equivalent industry experience
- ITIL certification and/or project management certification is desirable
- 5 + years' experience supporting a Microsoft Windows sever environment
- 5+ years' experience supporting enterprise scale networking infrastructure
- 3+ years' experience supporting virtualisation and storage environments
- Show exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Be able to build and maintain strong relationships across the organisation
- A natural drive to 'get things done'
- Beautiful campuses and great Learning and Development opportunities
- Generous leave provisions and access to the group scheme for health insurance
- Income and life insurance and supportive family friendly working environment
- Optional 5th week annual leave, multiple retail discounts and all of Government Westpac banking discounts
How to apply
Closing date of expressions of interest 22nd February 2018 at 5.00pm.
Click APPLY or contact Ben Taylor, IT Infrastructure Manager on 027 707 0359 for a confidential discussion.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.