|Company||Ministry of Social Development|
|Listed||Tue 27 Mar, 12:37 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
The Ministry of Social Development has one of the largest Information Technology Groups in the country. The IT Testing Services Team works in coordination with other IT departments and is primarily responsible for providing independent application and product testing.
We are seeking energetic, highly motivated, and an experienced Senior Test Analyst with good technical skills to join our team. You are a tool-smith, and this is your chance to utilise your well-demonstrated testing skills in a large and complex environment.
To be successful, you will need to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Socially Intelligent - you're collaborative in nature and you employ alternative thinking. You're a caring individual who is supportive, and a good all-round communicator.
- Adaptable and flexible - working in a fast-paced environment and across multiple delivery teams doesn't faze you and you accept change.
- Intellectually capable - you're able to deal with ambiguity and complexity, and think of alternative solutions
- You're Motivated - excited, creative, curious, persistent, and a resilient individual.
You will also need to:
- Have a demonstrated ability to work reliably, both individually and in team environments
- Have a good understanding of testing processes and the value of testing in the development lifecycle
- Solid analysis skills
- Be technically savvy - you will be expected to develop both manual and automated tests - we use TOSCA as our tool of choice, as well as Selenium.
- Experience in SQL, SoapUI & XML.
- Experience in using CONFLUENCE, Internal JIRA, Cloud JIRA and SBE (Specifications by Example) techniques
- Stepping up when needed for leadership tasks
- Familiar with, and has worked in Agile projects and in DevOps delivery. Exposure to the Scaled Agile framework (SAFe would be a definite advantage).
- Knowledge of MSD applications such as SWIFTT, CMS, MyMSD and other systems is a plus.
- Having previous knowledge of BPM (IBM’s Business Process Manager) is an advantage
Successful candidates will have the chance to develop skills alongside multiple skilled DevOps teams using cutting edge I.T. systems and automation. The position offers a challenging, fast paced work environment and the opportunity to work for an organisation that makes a difference in the lives of New Zealanders.
Please apply online with your CV and cover letter via the "apply" button. A position description is available below.
Applications Close: 16th April 2018