|Location||North Shore City, Auckland|
|Listed||Mon 25 Jun, 11:45 pm|
|Type||Part time, Permanent|
We are looking for students with a Computer Science, Engineering, or other STEM related backgrounds to work as Programming Instructors to assist and lead classes to kids and teens.
We currently have an office at:
1. North Shore
2. Dominion Road
3. East Tamaki.
This role is responsible for delivering curriculum, creating an engaging learning environment, and student success.
Other roles include:
1. Help senior teachers with designing and improving the curriculum
2. Conduct assessments
3. Completion of daily reflection forms
1. We require applicants to have at least one STEM semester's worth of study with at least a B grade average.
2. You must have strong communication skills
3. You must enjoy working with people.
4. You must have foundation programming knowledge
Additional qualities that may reinforce your application is experience as a teacher or other experience working with youth (i.e. advising, mentoring, tutoring, babysitting etc.), and STEM programming experience (i.e. Robotics, Minecraft, Lego Mindstorm, Raspberry Pi, or alternative programs of a similar type).
This is a part time job that requires at least 6-month commitment.
Coding classes are scheduled at a range of times throughout the day in a variety of settings, so scheduling is flexible.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.