|Listed||Mon 4 Feb, 12:00 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
First up, here's why you'll love life at Trade Me:
- We encourage creative and innovative approaches, and provide plenty of opportunities to put your imagination to the test.
- Join our design guild and work amongst some of the most talented designers in the country.
- We love learning and taking on challenges. We take risks, and we're not afraid to learn from failure.
- We truly value our people and want you to succeed here, so we offer flexible working, bonuses, discounted health insurance, access to wellness initiatives and a bunch of other good stuff.
Each day brings fresh challenges, but here's a snapshot of what you can expect:
- Be involved in all stages of design, from project inception through to live product.
- Create high-fidelity designs, crafting the visual details using design software and/or code.
- Promote and encourage user testing of your work throughout the design lifecycle.
- Collaborate closely with UX researchers to organise and run user testing sessions on the new features we're creating.
- Liaise with external stakeholder/agents to gain insights on pain points to alleviate with beautiful and functional product design.
- A strong focus and consideration on UX and UI in the design of products and features.
- Become a jack of all trades - we are a cross-functioning squad and often wear multiple hats in support of our larger objectives.
So far so good? What we're looking for from you is:
- Experience in a similar level role and/or evidence of skills.
- UX mad - you're all about making Android and iOS apps simple and clear for our members. We want someone obsessed with how people interact and use our apps.
- A portfolio demonstrating a strong background in UI and UX design would be advantageous.
- Knowledgeable in best practices for user testing and user research.
- A team player who proactively seeks open collaboration with other designers, squad members and stakeholders.
Trade Me is New Zealand's most influential ecommerce platform and as quintessentially Kiwi as you can get. We are a fun, vibrant and fast-moving place to work, and we're looking for someone who'll thrive in this environment.
Check out what it's like to work at Trade Me in our video. If this is the job for you, please include a portfolio with your application to showcase your work.