|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Listed||Tue 6 Mar, 9:08 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Due to our continuing growth we are looking to expand our skilled workforce with the addition of more staff. Our client base is wide and across many industries giving a good variety of work.
Absolute cnc has a diverse range of equipment from 2 axis lathes through to 5 axis milling machines. We run the latest software from Hypermill and NX CamExpress.
We take health and safety of our staff and customers seriously and value input from staff on improvements.
Your duties will include
• Programming and setting of cnc machines (3, 4, and 5 axis mills)
• Operation of machines
• Manual machining
• Inspection and quality control
• A knowledge of either or both Fanuc and Siemens controls
You will have completed formal training such as a fitting and turning apprenticeship or machining apprenticeship. An ability to teach others skills such as our apprentices is a vital attribute too.
Your skills will include the ability to read and interpret drawings, ideally be able to use cad software and proprietary cam software, in particular NX cam express or Hypermill. Training will be given. You must also be able to demonstrate proficiency in precision measuring using micrometers and Vernier caliper in both imperial and metric units.
Personal Attributes and Qualities:
• Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy considered essential to deliver ‘right first time’ results
• Highly capable in a technical, hands-on engineering environment
• A thinker with good problem solving skills
• Proactive mind, always ready to seek or suggest a better way
• Positive approach to work
• Ability to work unsupervised whilst producing work of a very high standard
• Ambitious to build your career with a long-term perspective and a leadership position
• Clear verbal and written English communication skills
• Strong work ethic
• Punctual with good time keeping skills.
• Commitment to safe work practices and the safety of others.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.